FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

GROUNDING OUT on AIRBAG help! Can you help?!!

Want2BeLow
New User
Posted: 10/10/11 06:08 PM

So, I plan on tuckin 305/40/22's and while everyone I know is skeptical and says it can't be done, I am not retarded and know that where their is a (wheel)will their is a way.. Situation goes as follows: 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Short Bed/Single Cab

1. The rear end tires stick out 1/4 inch on each side. I won't cut my axle, and I am looking to replace it. I've asked some people for different year GMC trucks' AXLE Lengths and Diff lengths to make this custom work do-able.If someone knows the "shortest year available that will fit my truck that would help greatly"

2. The front tires stick out just a little under 1/4 inch but I'm scared it wont tuck fast enough during the drop and I don't want to destroy me fender. Any recommendations? NO IM NOT CHANGING MY MEATY TIRE. I love 305/40/22 so don't bother saying.."Shoe change".

3. Because I want to go as low as possible before laying frame on 22's I will be cutting out the rear fender wells. I can't seem to find anyone that knows how to do it "correctly", so I am asking for a video.. if someone has one.

4. When the truck is layed out, what will stop the front end from laying down? I understand the wheel well in the front will cut it short by 2 inches, but other than customizing that, can I lay out?

THANKS!
    SAW Grin  
I WANT 2 BE LOW!!

tuckn22s
User
Posted: 10/10/11 07:00 PM

I replied to your other thread as well

Who ever told you it was impossible to lay out on a 31.60" tire does not have a clue what they are talking about. I have bagged and body dropped around 20 of that style chevy and have done so with a slightly larger tire diameter.

As stated in the other thread there is no need to narrow the rear end or swap axles. The problem with them sticking out is you have the incorrect backspacing on your wheels

Same goes for the front but camber is your friend and helps them tuck

For removing the inner fender wells you will need to remove all that is in the way and cut along side the fender itself until the tire clears. You can then add trailer fenders or build some new tubs. you will have to relocat almost everything under the hood and it is a lot of work so be prepared.  
World Wide Air Suspension Store
CustomConnectionLLC.com
facebook.com/customconnection
twitter.com/bagitorelse
270-860-1103

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL