FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

Favorite Ford Truck of All Time?

Edward A. Sanchez
Guru
Posted: 08/01/07 06:01 PM

Okay, I know my avatar is a bowtie, but I can appreciate all trucks! What's your favorite Ford truck of all time? '53-'56 F-100? The '70s Rancheros? the '99 Super Duty? None of the above? Give us your favorites here!  

Balboa455
User
Posted: 08/02/07 09:16 AM

I would have to say a Ford Bronco of pretty much any vintage plays to the strengths  of the brand. (Barring, of course, a WHITE mid-nineties Bronco O.J. Simpson special edition. That was disturbing when those began to sell so well after the O.J/ Al Cowlings low speed chase in LA.) Since the only successes Ford seems capable of achieving lately is by resurrecting long dead nameplates, I have no idea why there isn't going to be a new retro-ute a la Toyota FJ Cruiser. But I gave up many years ago trying to understand the decision making of the higher ups in Dearborn, Michigan.

But mainly that Bronco appeals to me on a conceptual level. Not to be harsh, (but here goes...) as an ownership proposition it ranks right above adopting a Pit-Bull trained as a dog fighter. It is always going to end up biting you in the rear end. Just my opinion, though.  

truckmod75
Posted: 08/07/07 05:33 PM

I think I'd have to go with the '50s-era F-100s. That's a pretty iconic style, IMHO.  

BTDBOSS150
New User
Posted: 08/08/07 11:51 PM

MY 2002 ford supercrew has to be my fav.I love the body style and the inside is much more roomy than others  

Edward A. Sanchez
Guru
Posted: 08/09/07 04:05 PM

Icon QuoteBTDBOSS150:
MY 2002 ford supercrew has to be my fav.I love the body style and the inside is much more roomy than others

Yeah, I've actually seen a lot of clean, customized SuperCrews. For the "round" '97-'03 bodystyle, the SuperCrew is my favorite. Looks the most proportional to me.  

Wheat
Posted: 10/13/07 02:20 PM

That's easy for me, Splash Rangers....  

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to: