Posted: 03/31/11 08:00 AM
Jeep® Grand Cherokee Wins 2011 Rocky Mountain Automotive Press Association SUV of the Year Title
DENVER, March 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
* 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee awarded SUV of the Year at the 2011 Denver International Auto Show
* Rocky Mountain Automotive Press cite comfort on-road, toughness off-road, and impressive quality
* Esteemed award for 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is the latest in a long list of honors
The Rocky Mountain Automotive Press (RMAP) association today named the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee its 2011 SUV of the year. Comfort on-road, toughness off-road, and impressive quality throughout were all attributes cited by voting journalists.
"It takes a very exceptional vehicle indeed to master both the plains and mountains of the Rocky Mountain West and I'm thrilled that the journalists of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press have voted the new and innovative Jeep Grand Cherokee our 2011 SUV of the year," said Roman Mica, president of RMAP.
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee was selected from among 26 eligible crossovers and SUVs evaluated by RMAP members in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
"The climate, terrain and active lifestyle of Colorado creates the perfect environment for the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee to showcase its go-anywhere capability," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "We are delighted that these prominent Rocky Mountain automotive journalists have recognized the capability, comfort, craftsmanship and refinement of our new premium Jeep SUV."
Rocky Mountain Automotive Press is a Denver-based association of automotive journalists, automaker-communications representatives and other motor-industry professionals. This is the fifth year RMAP has presented its Rocky Mountain Vehicle of Year Awards. The awards recognize the top cars, pickups, and SUVs.
The new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee provides consumers premium on-road performance, while maintaining legendary Jeep four-wheel-drive capability – courtesy of a torque-on-demand two-speed transfer case, a choice of three 4x4 systems, a new Jeep Selec-Terrain™ system with five terrain settings, and a new Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system. In addition, Grand Cherokee offers improved fuel economy (up to 23 mpg), a world-class interior cabin, and more than 45 safety and security features.
The 2011 SUV of the Year from the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press is the most recent award in a long list of honors given to the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Other accolades include:
* 2011 Official Winter Vehicle of New England
* MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award for Best Large Utility
* Consumers Digest "Best Buy"
* Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick"
* Four Wheeler magazine's "Four Wheeler of the Year"
* Detroit News "Truck of the Year"
* AutoWeek "Best of the Best 2011 Truck award"
* Urban Truck of the Year
* Internet Truck of the Year
* Popular Mechanics "Automotive Excellence Award for Off-Road Ability"
* Texas Auto Writers Association "SUV of Texas"
* Texas Auto Writers Association "Full-size SUV of Texas"
* Ruedas ESPN "Best SUV"
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC