FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

New Seattle guy

Dead91silvia
New User
Posted: 03/06/12 09:45 PM

Hey guys... and gals,

I have been into mini trucks for a long time, just never build one other then in the form on a plastic kit. I have built a number of cars.  number of classic Volvo's, Nissan S13's, Subaru's, and a few others. I have 4 trucks with 2 of them being Mini trucks.

#1 is my 1994 Toyota truck. It's not much, but gets the job done. I got to for my mechanic business I have for hauling and picking up parts. I can never leave things alone  so I have done a few little things to it. I stil have to use it for work, so it will never have a body drop or craziness like that, but will be a looker when I'm all done.
-94 4Runner complete front end, dash, cluster, steering column.
-canopy (w/ removable Yakima rack)
-1990 Jeeps Cherokee wheels right now, have a set of JDM Skyline 16" wheels waiting for spacers.
-doors from a DX in the works. I hate the big ugly work truck mirrors and would like the nicer SR5 door panels. I'm getting body and paint done before installing..

#2 is my dads old 1980 Datsun 720 King cab. He got it new and I dont remember life without it. He now has a Toyota 4x4 so he never uses it so I figured I would finally do my dream of a slammed Mini Truck! As of now it's just chilling at my friends house, but as soon as I finish up a few of my other projects it comes home and goes under the knife. Looks like crap right now, but she has been sitting for 4-5 years...
-84/85 4x4 grill, bumper, lower valance.
-83/84 bed
-Honda Civic seats...
Planing a 5 lug setup, airbags, possible body drop or just C-notch, not sure yet. Alo want to maybe change the motor. I like the idea od an SR20DET but I'm thinking of just getting some Vintage DCOE Webbers and a re-build on the L20B would work just fine.

Anyway, I didnt know where else to post pics of the trucks, so here they are...

The Datsun
IMG 3200

IMG 3201

The Toyota ( I have better pics, just not uploaded to PB at the moment...
IMG 6291  
94 Toyota truck
80 Datsun 720
98 Legacy GT
66 Volvo 122
91 Pulsar GTiR

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine