FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

trying to put 94 3.1L v6 into 91 isuzu amigo with a 2.6L HELP!!!!!

SlammedHappy
New User
Posted: 04/29/09 11:41 PM

I'm trying to figure out if its just a waste of time or if this thingll drop in and mount up properly without major modification....
I have a 91 isuzu rodeo 2 wheel drive, it has a 2.6L 5spd.... motors *** I got a 94 isuzu rodeo, with a 3.1L v6, solid and strong..... willl they interchange? Anyone got a clue?    Wanna do a motor swap and weed this thang ...... any info would be greatly appreciated.... thanks!!!  

mtnsackett
New User
Posted: 05/30/09 09:51 AM

It is not a waist of time. I dont know if anyone has replied to you as of yet. but I have a pick up that had the 2.6L and and wanted to swap a V-6 in to it. I didn't get much help but I have the engine in the truck and would be happy to help you out. first off i need to ask you if you are 100% sure the it is a 94 Rodeo and a 3.1L(GM) V-6. in my experiance the 94 Rodeo had a 3.2L(ISUZU) V6, and if you have the 3.2L (ISUZU)there are a few things to think about before you start your swap. one you will need to remove the entire dash, ac and heating boxes so you can remove the old wiring harness and replace it with the one from the 94 rodeo with all of the components such as computers relays and such, second what kind of transmission do both rigs have a 2.6l has the starter on the passenger side and a 3.2L(ISUZU) is on the driver side. and a 3.1L(GM) is on the passenger side.is are they sticks shifts or automatics? there are things you will need to know like the length on both drive shafts you may have to have one made for your swap I did and it was $360. You will need the raidator and hangers, the motor mounts off your 2.6L they will fit the 3.2L but you will have to fit them and most likely do a little modafacation to the driver side one. and you may need to make or modify your transmission mount. you will also need the engine bay harness out of the 94. I know all of this may scare you but it was actualy really easy. My truck started as a 93 5 speed stick 4x4 with a 2.6 and now is a 3.2l with a 4 speed auto 4x4. it runs like it was made for the truck. if you would like you can email me my add ress is mtnsackett@msn.com and I can send you pictures or help with any thing else you may want to know.
Chris  

86Ridinlow
User
Posted: 01/16/12 10:13 PM

I have a 86 isuzu pup 2.3L 5 speed that im trying to find a engine swap for and also a automatic to go behind it! Any help id appreicate it  

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to:

Diesel Power
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL