Ad Radar

FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

GMC 1500 gas to diesel conversion????

scubadude93
New User
Posted: 11/11/10 09:52 PM

I have a 2008 GMC sierra 1500 reg cab 2wd with a 5.3 vortec, im really considering turning it into a diesel. Waht all do i need to make this happen? wat would be the cheapest, easiest, and best engine to put into it? id really like turning it into a 4wd along with it. What all parts do i need and what would be the cost? id really appreciate some professional advice, thanks  

MAD JAX
New User
Posted: 02/10/11 11:43 AM

You need to buy another Truck...You'd need to make so many changes for that to work in a manner commensurate with the labor involved in doing it that -- unless that was THE Truck you first got laid in? -- it wouldn't be worth it!

Find one that's already a Diesel or -- especially if you live in a State that has Emmission Control Systems testing/verification, such as California -- buy a truck whos age puts it outside that regulatory jurisdiction and convert IT...and (unless you want to do something really small and "Diesel") "It" should be 4 W.D. to begin with and otherwise at LEAST a 3/4 ton rated vehicle.

People find that an interesting "Project", and are more likely to respond to your post(s).

FWIW that might get you an answer to your questions a bit quicker too... ; )  
"Impossible" is only a degree of difficulty...set by the imagination for lack of motivation.

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to:

Diesel Power
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL