FORUMS

Item Posts    Sort Order

1995 chevy 3500 6.5 turbo diesel cluster of problems

duramax6.6450900
New User
Posted: 03/23/09 05:16 AM

I was helping start a 95 chevy 3500 dumptruck with a 6.5 turbo diesel and the thing is absolutely a runner but here is what is up. I get into the truck and the guy says to put the foot all the way down to the floor and just keep cranking. I know that in a diesel you are supposed to wait for it to cycle and start but i wasn't going to use may judgement for his truck so i did what i was supposed to but i was not happy with it but sure enough it started up after about a minute of popping the *** fires. that is one of the problems the other problems or so i heard from him is the battery cables for #2 batery are shot but evedently the truck would be cranking slowly or not at all the truck was cranking fine. there smoke in the cockpit and when i stopped to take a look it looked like it was coming from the turbo or so *** in the area of the turbo. it sounds very sick when it starts up because it has the will to but just pops. HELP ME OUT! because i broke all my morals when i started this diesel. Thanks Alot, DURAMAX6.6365660  

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to:

Diesel Power
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL