efsLMM
New User
Posted: 09/25/08 11:05 AM

In the following article:
Building an '08 LMM Duramax
Performance Modifications In a Clean-Diesel World
By Jason Sands
photographer: Jason Sands

It did not provide the cost breakdown or final performance figures. I have just purchased an 08 LMM GMC and was interested in going this route and wanted to get some more infor. There are so many companies making claims and there is no real side by side comparison.  

Jason Sands
Posted: 09/25/08 03:39 PM

If I remember right, that was Joe's truck, which ran 13.60s in the quarter mile, which is pretty darn fast--about 2 seconds quicker than stock.  All the truck had on it was a programmer, so the modification cost was whatever PPE's programmer costs.  
--------------------

1989 Dodge D250 "Project Rust Bucket" 14mm Scheid VE pump, 5x25s, 47RH by J&H Performance, 62mm S300, dual wastegates, ARP studs, o-ringed head, NX two stage, 972rwhp on two guns.

1995 Dodge 4x4 "Project Triple Threat" Goerend Trans, Secret squirrel stuff by Garmon's 433/842

efsLMM
New User
Posted: 09/26/08 09:42 AM

Thanks for the reply Jason. The article was on the blue camo themed 08 and it was equipped with the Banks intake, exhaust and programmer. Banks has some very hardline claims about their products and I was wondering if they were worth it.

Thanks  

Babblo
New User
Posted: 03/20/15 03:07 AM

Did Doomsday drop off the radar?  Will it ever make it back in the mag?

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to:

Diesel Power
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL