FORUMS

123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Duramax vs. Power Stroke

Edward A. Sanchez
Administrator
Posted: 10/17/06 02:02 PM

Okay, just for you guys to talk trash about each other.  Wink Enjoy!  

TM98DYEC8-#002
New User
Posted: 10/17/06 08:09 PM

Ok the ford 7.3L is a good strong motor but the 24v cummins and duramax (bout time chevy found out that the 6.2L was wortheless) will smoke it. The 6.0L ford will show a 24V cummins whats up.  Yet everyone knows (even a ford boy like me) that if it's badass it's a 12V cummins!  

HOTRODCUMMINS
User
Posted: 10/17/06 11:14 PM

The 6.0 and the D-max are might be faster than an ISB from the factory, but nothin' outlasts or out pulls the cummins. Grin  
'99 2500 QC 4x4 sport, ADRENALINE, DDP 200 sticks, BD towin twins, ARP head studs, Truetrac rear diff, 5sp w/ valair 3850# dual disc

2001cummins
User
Posted: 10/18/06 01:21 PM

Hotrodcummimns is right, Anybody that whats to make big power runs a Cummins.
Most pullers run the Cummins and there reasons for it, just like why they make conversion kits for Ford and Chevy to drop a Cummins in but not for Dodge to get the Stroke or the Duramax. All real diesels are inline!  Grin  
06 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4, Edge Juice w/ Attitude w/ Hot Unlock, Predator 2018 STG 3, S@B Air Intake, CFM+ Intake Manifold, 5" Turboback Magnaflow, South Bend DD 3600 Street Comp, Top Gun Custumz leveling kit. Dyno- 495HP-962TQ, 15.20 in the 1/4 Hot only

power_stroke_diesel_guy
New User
Posted: 10/18/06 03:23 PM

even a ford and chevy guys knows that all cummins has goin on for it is just loud and annoying!!!! do you ever wonder why they havent came out with twin turbo ststems for ford yet its because they know if a powerstroke got ahold of a twin turbo system their would be no stopping a power stroke!. now get serious if you want power and badass its gotta be power stroke Cool  

power_stroke_diesel_guy
New User
Posted: 10/18/06 03:28 PM

that truck that just passed u on the highway pulling 20,000 pounds, that truck that just pulled ur sorry *** out of the mudd, that truck thats still on the road outlasting you weak *** cummins is a power stroke!!!!!!. Cool  i'd rather be strokin than cummins  

power_stroke_diesel_guy
New User
Posted: 10/18/06 03:39 PM

the only real reasion why most people use cummins is because they are loud and they produce more smoke (soot, well more oil than soot) as far as conversion kits who would wann put a weak *** cummins in a ford or chevy, well in some chevys in the 80's late 70' will find the cummins motor and real diesels are not inline they have cylender head(s)2 at that!! oh and btw my power stroke doesnt redline on the turbo it has 5+ rpm thats been known to out run a cummins!!!!! Cool  

spotted ape
User
Posted: 10/18/06 05:06 PM

Okay, for starters the powerstroke guy must not know much about his engine because the 6.0 comes with twin turbos. Ford had to add one when dodge stepped there engine up a notch. My whole family has been loyal to Ford, friends say they never thought they would see a Dodge sitting in our driveway. When Ford had the 7.3, Fords where all you saw on the road because they where one tough s.o.b. When they came out with 6.0 and had so many problems with it, many loyal ford fans were turned away. You see more and more oilfield hotshots driving the Cummins becuase all around they are the longest lasting best pulling truck on the market. The Cummins will outlast the new Powercraok any day, and until ford stops trying to compete with the duramax it will probably stay that away.  

jjd4219
New User
Posted: 10/18/06 05:21 PM

Icon Quotespotted ape:
Okay, for starters the powerstroke guy must not know much about his engine because the 6.0 comes with twin turbos. Ford had to add one when dodge stepped there engine up a notch. My whole family has been loyal to Ford, friends say they never thought they would see a Dodge sitting in our driveway. When Ford had the 7.3, Fords where all you saw on the road because they where one tough s.o.b. When they came out with 6.0 and had so many problems with it, many loyal ford fans were turned away. You see more and more oilfield hotshots driving the Cummins becuase all around they are the longest lasting best pulling truck on the market. The Cummins will outlast the new Powercraok any day, and until ford stops trying to compete with the duramax it will probably stay that away.

Nicely said, Powerjoke Guy should think before he types.  

spotted ape
User
Posted: 10/18/06 06:31 PM

FORD
Found On Road Dead
Flip Over Read Directions
F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge

DODGE
Dem' Ol' Doods Go Everywhere

CHEVROLET
Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles,Oil Leaks, Exhaust Toots  

powerstrokeguy
New User
Posted: 10/19/06 08:48 AM

actually the 6.0 does not come with twin turbos the new 6.4 does, and the new 6.4 powerstroke will spank both the cummins and duramax diesels, the cummins (which i own) is junk it canT pull compared to my other fords and it gets the worst fuel mileage out of all my fords, so yeh say no to cummins or duramax say yes to the king of the road the ford POWERSTROKE DIESEL!!!  

Bentwrench
New User
Posted: 10/19/06 03:25 PM

Gotta tell ya powerstrokeguys, why is it that ford has to keep switching engines? Because they are CRAP! I have personally saw them on the dyno at Bully Dog Days against Cummins and Duramax and they sound way roddin but the numbers SUCK! Twin turbos were put on to meet the 07 emissions req. and Cummins and Duramax did it with software!
I personally take care of a fleet of Ford Ambulances and the 6.0 turbo,egr and sensors blew up at 13,000mi. The 7.3 was a good engine, just needed some massaging.
Allison has been around for centuries and can't be beat, even by a "torqueshift" oooh whatever. Dodge is coming around with the 6 speed, but the truck still is a Dodge.
And finally, Ford just layed off 20,000 people and closed a factory, probably to save their *** from bankruptcy from recalls.  
06 Chevy 2500HD LBZ CC/SB: Triple Dog/Crazy Larry, AFE ST2, MBRP 4" SS, 265 TOYO's

Torque Dog
New User
Posted: 10/19/06 04:52 PM

I work for a company that has used Chevy 6.5's and is in the process of replacing them with Fords. I was on my way up the onramp today when I lost 4 cylinders. I looked at my partner sitting next to me and we both grinned because we both knew that the boss was going to be  Mad  when he got the phone call. We have been spending more time working on the service trucks than on our work orders! The only thing as worthless as a 6.5 is a Powerstroke 6.0!  

TurboDieselEnthusiast
New User
Posted: 10/19/06 06:34 PM

What we have to do is just wait until the 6.4L twinturbo powerstroke is out. Then see how it performs. Then put all three to the test. the 6.4L, 6.7L or 5.9L, and the 6.6. Then after this will see which is the best Diesel out there for now.  
2002 Ford F-250 Superduty 7.3L PowerStroke

diesel boy
New User
Posted: 10/20/06 06:35 AM

the powerstroke guy needs to get his head out of his *** everyone knows that the cummins and duramax are the best engines to pull with...everyone that i kno whos had a powerstroke hated it and said it was s**t....the only good engine from ford that was ever built was the 7.3psd...if ur lookin for a good truck that pulls heavy loads with out a sweat get the cummins or the new dmax Laugh  

123 Last

BROWSE ARTICLES BY:

Subscribe Today and Save up to 83%!

Subscribe Truck Trend Magazine

Subscribe to:

Truck Trend
Magazine

PRINT DIGITAL
Subscribe Diesel Power Magazine

Subscribe to:

Diesel Power
Magazine