Cheapest insurance for a pickup truck?

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Cheapest insurance for a pickup truck?

funlol funlol
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 12/09/13
02:23 PM

I just bought a 2012 Dodge Ram used. It's sitting in my garage as I've still yet to get it insured.

What's the best place to find insurance for this thing?  motortend tells me it will cost me $1900/year to insure.  Would like to find it for cheaper.  

is http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com legit? they advertise $30/month liability coverage here on the radio all the time, but sounds too good to be true

Any thoughts?  

rosalie rosalie
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/15/13
11:46 PM

Insurance is something will help you in the future.. So do not take risks of getting even more cheaper.. This is after all my suggestion  

lasvegascolonel lasvegascolonel
Enthusiast | Posts: 279 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 12/16/13
10:01 PM

I would shop around with the big companies.  If you have any military affiliation, USAA is rated tops by consumer organizations...or if one of your parents was in the military.  My understanding is costs will vary based on 1) size of the engine; 2) how many miles you drive per year and whether it's for work or pleasure; 3) your age; 4) your driving history/record.  Good luck.  
Retired USAF officer, enjoy testing new cars, providing results to local media writers.

Trade In Value