Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Greetings From MotorTrend Forums!

-Dequindre- -Dequindre-
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/13/13
06:43 PM

Hello!

I'm Dequindre, currently a moderator at MotorTrend Forums.

It's nice to visit one of our sister forums and to see how they differ and how they are alike.  
----------------------------------------

-Dequindre-

"Wheeeee" by Westys

-Dequindre-

-Dequindre- -Dequindre-
Posted: 07/13/13
06:51 PM

I have one question though. At MotorTrend, we were informed that the whole website will be merged with MSN Autos. We were also informed that new forum software will most likely be implemented.

Will the other Source Interlink Forums (like TruckTrend and Automobile Magazine) continue to use the current software?  

-Dequindre-

"Wheeeee" by Westys

-Dequindre-

lasvegascolonel lasvegascolonel
Enthusiast | Posts: 279 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/15/13
11:48 AM

Hi:  I am not a moderator, but a retired military guy who likes both Motor Trend and Truck Trend.  Gosh, if you guys merge with MSNBC, I hope I can still comment...seems like everyone wants you to join Facebook to comment...don't want to get that connected.  I've had trucks, cars, SUVs over the past 47 years, and I usually test drive one or two vehicles a year.  Keep up the good work, Dequindre.  
Retired USAF officer, enjoy testing new cars, providing results to local media writers.

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 07/15/13
06:33 PM

As far as I know, TT will not be part of the merge.

And as far as I know, site function on MT and TT will be mostly the same. The big change will be at the MSN.

We'll be lucky to to get a site redesign this year..lol.  

-Dequindre- -Dequindre-
Posted: 07/16/13
03:26 PM

Icon Quotelasvegascolonel:
Hi:  I am not a moderator, but a retired military guy who likes both Motor Trend and Truck Trend.  Gosh, if you guys merge with MSNBC, I hope I can still comment...seems like everyone wants you to join Facebook to comment...don't want to get that connected.  I've had trucks, cars, SUVs over the past 47 years, and I usually test drive one or two vehicles a year.  Keep up the good work, Dequindre.

Thank you lasvegascolonel!

From what I hear, we'll still have the forum and the commenting system. Facebook integration is currently optional.  

-Dequindre-

"Wheeeee" by Westys

-Dequindre-

-Dequindre- -Dequindre-
Posted: 07/16/13
03:30 PM

Icon QuoteTruck Trend:
As far as I know, TT will not be part of the merge.

And as far as I know, site function on MT and TT will be mostly the same. The big change will be at the MSN.

We'll be lucky to to get a site redesign this year..lol.

"We'll be lucky to to get a site redesign this year..lol."

Oh geez, tell me about it! Our forum software at MT is getting pretty worn out. One of the recent updates removed a lot of member's e-mails, so they were unable to log-in to their account. We got that cleared up, but it was very inconvenient.  

-Dequindre-

"Wheeeee" by Westys

-Dequindre-

jqleh15 jqleh15
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 10/06/13
10:44 PM

weird  

Trade In Value