'89 GMC k2500

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

'89 GMC k2500

JohnIsbell JohnIsbell
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/18/10
11:22 AM

Okay so I'm new to major engine work recently my oil pump went out and my 305 locked up on me (the motor was changed by a previous owner, why I don't have a clue). So after months of looking for a 350 to put into my truck I found a Canadian block out of a '94 Scottsdale vin 10054727 which I now know is '86 and up. The block has already been bored .060 and I am wanting to put this in my pickup. I'm looking for some ideas on how I can make this motor do everything I'm wanting the truck is a 4WD so obviously i'm not looking to put it on the track or anything I just want to know that everything I expect out of the truck can be handled, i.e towing, etc. I was only wanting to go with a .020 bore on it but i found a steal for a cheap price now I'm going to do some work of my own to it and would like a little input on what the smart thing to do is, as I said this is the first time I've ever done something like this I'm more of a wiring guy myself. Thanks in advance.  

Alen_Smith Alen_Smith
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/28/10
10:04 PM

I have a stock '87 Camaro LT with the 305 & 4BBL Carb. and Auto Transm...I bought my Camaro with 99,000 miles on it 8 years ago and I have used 5W-30 Oil in the mild North Central Idaho winters and straight 30 in the summer time, until now. I will continue to use 5W-30 all of the time now. No reason in particular other than maybe the price of the oil and will perform more frequent oil changes (3 months versus 4-5 months).  

Trade In Value