| Posts: 4654
| Joined: 02/07
Five 'Jeep® Tweet-to-Win' Contestants Now Head to New York to Compete to Win All-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
* Five-day contest asked participants to correctly “Tweet” answers to Jeep®-branded trivia questions, hosted on the Jeep Brand Twitter page, www.twitter.com/jeep
* Chrysler Group LLC is the first auto maker to offer a chance to win a vehicle on Twitter
* Details on next phase of this unique contest coming soon
Auburn Hills, Mich., Mar 23, 2010 - Five lucky winners are headed to the 2010 New York International Auto Show to compete to win an all-new 2010 Jeep® Wrangler Islander. The five contestants were the first to correctly answer, in the correct format, Jeep-branded trivia questions during the 'Jeep Tweet-to-Win' contest hosted on the brand’s Twitter page, www.twitter.com/jeep, last week.
On Thursday, April 1, the contestants will dig in a giant sandbox, built specifically for the New York International Auto Show, to find the golden Jeep Tiki. The first person to find it will win an all-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander.
“The ‘Jeep Tweet-to-Win’ contest is a unique and innovative way to create significant buzz for the iconic Jeep Wrangler and the new special-edition Wrangler Islander,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “The contest has also enabled Jeep to carry on a two-way conversation with its customers, while noticeably increasing traffic to Jeep.com and our Twitter and Facebook sites.”
The contestants headed to the New York show include:
* Chris Gross, Shelbyville, Ind.
* Casey Johnson, Newton, Pa.
* Joel Lounds, Bonita Springs, Fla.
* Kevin O’Neill, Wixom, Mich.
* Steven Scott, Sterling, Va.
On Thursday, April 1 in New York, the Jeep brand will announce details on the next phase of this unique Jeep Wrangler Islander promotion. The Jeep Wrangler Islander is now available in Jeep showrooms.