| Posts: 4654
| Joined: 02/07
Top 10 Star Car wrecks of 2009
10. Nicole Richie: On October 5, 2009 a paparazzo rear-ended her car and caused her to have to go to the hospital for observation in Beverly Hills, Calif. (TMZ)
9. Michael Jackson and family: The Jackson clan made the list twice in 2009, first when MJ's kids Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael II were driving with their nanny Grace Rwaramba in Encino, Los Angeles on October 21, and a photographer rammed their security vehicle, and second with a hit-and-run incident with a photographer in London on October 23, 2009. (ANI)
8. LeAnn Rimes: Rimes was questioned by the Los Angeles Police Department over her possible involvement in a hit and run car accident August 20, 2009, in Brentwood, Calif. Rimes reportedly rear-ended a car that was stopped in the left turn lane. There were no injuries and minor damage to the cars. She also had a run-in with a security golf cart at The Commons in Calabasas, Calif., on December 4, 2009. (TMZ)
7. Anne Hathaway: The Devil Wears Prada star was involved in a car collision in LA on December 17, 2009. The star's boyfriend Adam Shulman was driving the car when he collided with a bicycle on Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood. (RadarOnline)
6. Renée Zellweger: Zellweger was in a car accident in Beverly Hills on August 31, 2009. The actress was fine and there were no injuries -- her car was towed away from the scene. One of the headlights from Renée's car was shattered and one of the cars lost a license plate in the smash. (TMZ)
5. Olympic medalist Michael Phelps: Better in water than behind the wheel, Phelps was involved in a three-car accident in Baltimore on August 13, 2009. Phelps was not injured, but a woman in the other car was shaken up and taken to a local hospital, due to "head and arm pain." (TMZ)
4. Lawrence Taylor: The NFL legend had an illegal tackle with hit-and-run on November 9, 2009, allegedly ramming his Escalade into a 1984 Ford van two separate times before driving off. (TMZ)
3. George Michael: The singer was involved in a car collision August 14, 2009, in London. In a statement released Aug. 15, Michael claimed that statements by the driver that Michael appeared "dazed" after the accident and had been "weaving all over the place" before crashing were false.
2. Weezer: While on the way to Boston via Toronto on December 7, 2009, Weezer's bus slid off the road just outside of Albany, NY, after hitting a patch of ice. Lead singer Rivers Cuomo was quickly transferred to the hospital. Drummer Josh Freese explained on Twitter that there are "some injuries, but everyone's alive and in one piece." (PerezHilton.com)
And the leading celebrity car crash of 2009 made headlines around the world......
1. Tiger Woods: The golfer was injured early Friday, November 30, 2009 when he lost control of his SUV outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out. Tiger took the blame for an "embarrassing" car crash that gave him cuts, bruises and public scrutiny like never before. Soon after, news of Woods' having over 11 alleged mistresses came out. (Perezhilton)
Surprisingly absent from the 2009 list are top contenders Brittany Spears and Lindsey Lohan, who have earned spots on the CARSTAR'D All-Star list for their past vehicular performances.
Source: CARSTAR http://www.carstar.com/