Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

2011 Ford Super Duty Diesel!!

thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 131 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 02/25/10
04:30 PM

2011 Ford Super Duty Images Main

For those of you who may not have heard yet Ford is introducing there new 2011 Ford Super Duty with a twist....a spanking new 6.7L Power Stroke V8 turbocharged diesel engine. That's right folks Ford went diesel this time around and it looks very promising.

But the big news here is Ford’s all-new 6.7L Power Stroke V8 turbocharged
diesel making 390-hp and a whopping 735 lb-ft of torque, which Ford says helps it make the Super Duty offer “class leading” fuel-economy.

Any thoughts or improvements you would like to see?? I for one would still like to see more horsepower coming out of that engine...when the word Turbo is involved the power should be massive...that's just my opinion though.

Source: egmcartech  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 03/01/10
11:13 AM

Yep. That's a whole boatload of torque. No doubt about it. It'll be interesting to see what GM comes to the table with.  

EdwardRS EdwardRS
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/03/10
12:43 AM

I think 2011 Super Duty is a well balanced package and there is no need to any improvement. As per my knowledge 2011 Super Duty will achieve significant performance and fuel economy improvements over the current five-speed automatic. But what will be the engine invoice price?  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 03/03/10
04:56 PM

It's not official but the 6.7-liter diesel will reportedly have an invoice price of $6503, the same as the current 6.4-liter.

Source: Loose-lipped Dealers Leaked 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pricing, Starts at $28,995  

Posted: 03/04/10
10:54 AM

Icon Quotebkong:
It's not official but the 6.7-liter diesel will reportedly have an invoice price of $6503, the same as the current 6.4-liter.

Source: Loose-lipped Dealers Leaked 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pricing, Starts at $28,995

Interesting...very interesting. Although this raises the question...are they still making profit on this or losing money??  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

vanman987 vanman987
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 03/07/10
09:27 PM

Yeah, give me this truck with the scorpion diesel but get rid of the urea trash. With tuning and burning a blend of bio-fuel, this or any diesel should get darn close to or on top of the EPA bs for lowering emissions. Just seems bad form to have to keep upping the power of the diesel to get fuel mileage out of the truck. I run the big rigs and my last truck had a Detroit Diesel rated at 230 HP and I could haul around 80K all day long and get 6 MPG doing it. The boys at Ryder said I was getting way good mileage! So do you really need that much power. Build a lower priced good quality smog control free engine. Then if you want more power, go to the after market and knock yourself out!  

Posted: 03/08/10
11:30 AM

Icon Quotevanman987:
Yeah, give me this truck with the scorpion diesel but get rid of the urea trash. With tuning and burning a blend of bio-fuel, this or any diesel should get darn close to or on top of the EPA bs for lowering emissions. Just seems bad form to have to keep upping the power of the diesel to get fuel mileage out of the truck. I run the big rigs and my last truck had a Detroit Diesel rated at 230 HP and I could haul around 80K all day long and get 6 MPG doing it. The boys at Ryder said I was getting way good mileage! So do you really need that much power. Build a lower priced good quality smog control free engine. Then if you want more power, go to the after market and knock yourself out!

6 mpg while "hauling" 80k all day long?? Those numbers don't seem to match. Are you sure you were only getting 6 mpg's?? Maybe you were getting more out of your truck than you thought.  

Trade In Value