Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

2010 North American Truck Of The Year!!

thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 131 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 12/16/09
04:37 PM

Ford Raptor R Concept 153612 20081104 L

Well the Detroit Auto Show is coming up and people want to know and see the new models the Detroit Three have to offer. More importantly though might be the nominees for the 2010 North American Truck of the Year!! And the nominees are as follows:

2010 North American Truck of the Year nominees:

Acura ZDX
Audi Q5
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Equinox
Ford Transit Connect
Honda Accord Crosstour
Land Rover LR4
Lincoln MKT
Subaru Outback
Volvo XC60

So which do you think will win?? Any car you feel should be on the list but isn't??

Source: egmcartech  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 12/16/09
06:33 PM

Well, not one vehicle on that list is a true truck. The list does match our 2010 SUV of the year program list to a "t". lol

Wait, where's the GMC Terrain? I'd pick the over the Equinox.

Ford Transit Connect, great little utility van ::thumbs up::

Q5: have u taken that thing around the corners on a dirt road, it drifts like a butterfly.

XC60: Very Cute and great handling. If i had the money and wanted a crossover.. it would be the volvo.

SO where are the trucks on the list? Raptor? Ram HD? hello??  

Posted: 12/17/09
10:50 AM

Icon QuoteMelissa:
Well, not one vehicle on that list is a true truck. The list does match our 2010 SUV of the year program list to a "t". lol

Wait, where's the GMC Terrain? I'd pick the over the Equinox.

Ford Transit Connect, great little utility van ::thumbs up::

Q5: have u taken that thing around the corners on a dirt road, it drifts like a butterfly.

XC60: Very Cute and great handling. If i had the money and wanted a crossover.. it would be the volvo.

SO where are the trucks on the list? Raptor? Ram HD? hello??

Believe it or not I was looking at that as soon as I read the article...however...that's the only list I found?? Do you have list of trucks for the nominees??  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
10:52 AM

Just goes to show you how much the definition of "truck" has shifted. I guess since the Ram HD already won MT's TOTY award, it was DQ'd. Probably the most "truckish" of the nominees is the Transit Connect, as it's primarily intended as a commercial vehicle.  

joela joela
User | Posts: 64 | Joined: 03/06
11:00 AM

What Melissa said. Those are SUVs/crossovers. While the Transmit may be based on a truck chassis, I know the others are car-based.

What was egmcartech thinking?  

11:02 AM

Icon Quotejoela:
What Melissa said. Those are SUVs/crossovers. While the Transmit may be based on a truck chassis, I know the others are car-based.

What was egmcartech thinking?

I don't know if egmcartech was the main people who created the list. But so far I agree with all of you in stating that there isn't an actual truck in the list.  

grantu1w grantu1w
New User | Posts: 29 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 12/23/09
09:22 AM

Its already been said but there isn't a truck, and how the Ram HD or the Raptor isn't listed I don't understand.  
Wake Up America!
-Earl Pitts

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/26/09
03:21 PM

I will be rooting for the long-shot LR4.

Winners from the past decade:

2009: Ford F-150 (beat Dodge Ram and Mercedes-Benz ML320 BlueTEC)
2008: Mazda CX-9 (beat Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid and Buick Enclave)
2007: Chevrolet Silverado (beat Mazda CX-7 and Ford Edge)
2006: Honda Ridgeline (beat Nissan Xterra and Ford Explorer)
2005: Ford Escape Hybrid (beat Land Rover LR3 and Ford Freestyle)
2004: Ford F-150 (beat Nissan Titan and Cadillac SRX)
2003: Volvo XC90 (beat Hummer H2, Honda Element, and Nissan Murano)
2002: Chevrolet Trailblazer (beat Chevrolet Avalanche and Jeep Liberty)
2001: Acura MDX (beat Ford Escape and Toyota Sequoia)
2000: Nissan Xterra (beat Dodge Dakota Quad Cab and Toyota Tundra)  

Posted: 12/28/09
11:04 AM

Icon Quotebkong:
I will be rooting for the long-shot LR4.

Winners from the past decade:

2009: Ford F-150 (beat Dodge Ram and Mercedes-Benz ML320 BlueTEC)
2008: Mazda CX-9 (beat Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid and Buick Enclave)
2007: Chevrolet Silverado (beat Mazda CX-7 and Ford Edge)
2006: Honda Ridgeline (beat Nissan Xterra and Ford Explorer)
2005: Ford Escape Hybrid (beat Land Rover LR3 and Ford Freestyle)
2004: Ford F-150 (beat Nissan Titan and Cadillac SRX)
2003: Volvo XC90 (beat Hummer H2, Honda Element, and Nissan Murano)
2002: Chevrolet Trailblazer (beat Chevrolet Avalanche and Jeep Liberty)
2001: Acura MDX (beat Ford Escape and Toyota Sequoia)
2000: Nissan Xterra (beat Dodge Dakota Quad Cab and Toyota Tundra)

Nice choice....personally Land Rover hasn't won it in the past decade so it might be a good choice this year.  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 01/11/10
09:52 AM

And the winner was the Ford Transit Connect, besting the Chevrolet Equinox and Subaru Outback.

Icon Quote:
There were three truck finalists. The Transit Connect had 213 points and beat the Chevrolet Equinox with 183 points and the Subaru Outback with 94.

Jim Mateja, of the Chicago Tribune, said “A U-Haul that fits in your garage. Holds people and soooo much of their stuff -- bikes, snowmobiles, lawn mowers, skis, tents, boats, ladders, furniture, you name it. Defines multi-purpose and boasts a reasonable price even when you add side and rear windows and back seat.”

http://www.northamericancaroftheyear.org/  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
12:47 PM

Ford Transit Connect, well.... I do love this little utility van... but its still not a truck IMO  

05:18 PM

Icon QuoteMelissa:
Ford Transit Connect, well.... I do love this little utility van... but its still not a truck IMO

http://forums.trucktrend.com/70/7990732/truck-talk/2010-ford-transit-connect-wins-2010-truck-of-the-y/index.html

I'm with you on that.  

jane1983 jane1983
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/28/10
10:40 PM

I am with Ford Transit Connect.. I wish it should win this Detroit Auto show. Let's cross the finger and hope for the best results.
http://www.dieseltrucksforsaleusa.com/contactus.php  

Posted: 03/15/10
09:46 AM

Icon Quotejane1983:
I am with Ford Transit Connect.. I wish it should win this Detroit Auto show. Let's cross the finger and hope for the best results.
http://www.dieseltrucksforsaleusa.com/contactus.php

Good old wishful thinking!! HAHA.  

CadillacMan1 CadillacMan1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/17/10
07:24 AM

I'm a fan of the Silverado, with it's tough towing capacity and best in class fuel ecomony, maybe I'm biased, but I know some pretty satisfied drivers.

http://www.humberviewwholesale.com
wholesale@humberview.com  

Trade In Value