New Ram Trucks Web Site

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

New Ram Trucks Web Site

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/07/09
11:06 AM

Didn't really see any definitive news out there, but with the Ram brand splitting from Dodge, they finally have a separate Web page at RamTrucks.com. It doesn't look completely done though, because selecting a Ram truck merely redirects you to the Dodge domain. Looks nice, now, if only GM would update/upgrade the Silverado site...

Anyone else notice the Ram site, or did I just completely miss it?  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 12/07/09
03:30 PM

We're just in the initial stages of brand-building making Ram a stand-alone brand. The irony is not a whole lot changes in terms of retail channels, as the models are still going to share showroom space with Dodge and Chrysler cars. I guess we'll have to see where this goes.  

59dodge 59dodge
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/09/09
10:12 AM

Coming from a die hard dodge truck fan and family. chrysler needs to worry about making their trucks for the everyday worker instead of these shortbox trucks to fit in a garage. I was at peterson stampede in nampa idaho looking at an 07 Dodge 2500 4x4 with the HEMI and the G56 6speed. it was plain jane red fourdoor kaki interior with rubber floor mats instead of carpet manual window and locks and on the fly four wheel drive. no chrome on this truck. i went to the bank to get a cashiers check to buy it outright, and the damn thing was bought before i could get back. in just one day! they didnt even have the keys to the truck yet. it just rolled of the trailer.
I wish they would worry about making more trucks people want instead of fully loaded cummins and P.O.S half tons. Im thoroughly livid, I hope the dodge actually offers the manual transmission in the half tons with the 5.7 and in the three quarter tons. its nonsense not to have them in a truck. and for godsakes redesign that ugly dakota and offer the hemi in them.

From you local farm boy/
2007 SRT-10 V10 6speed
2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 5-speed
1994 Dodge 2500 2wd 318 5-speed
68 charger 340 4speed
68 barracuda s 340 4speed
1959 dodge d100
1934 dodge brothers pickup.
various other powerwagons from 40's to late 70s  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/10/09
10:57 AM

Icon Quote59dodge:
Coming from a die hard dodge truck fan and family. chrysler needs to worry about making their trucks for the everyday worker instead of these shortbox trucks to fit in a garage. I was at peterson stampede in nampa idaho looking at an 07 Dodge 2500 4x4 with the HEMI and the G56 6speed. it was plain jane red fourdoor kaki interior with rubber floor mats instead of carpet manual window and locks and on the fly four wheel drive. no chrome on this truck. i went to the bank to get a cashiers check to buy it outright, and the damn thing was bought before i could get back. in just one day! they didnt even have the keys to the truck yet. it just rolled of the trailer.
I wish they would worry about making more trucks people want instead of fully loaded cummins and P.O.S half tons. Im thoroughly livid, I hope the dodge actually offers the manual transmission in the half tons with the 5.7 and in the three quarter tons. its nonsense not to have them in a truck. and for godsakes redesign that ugly dakota and offer the hemi in them.

From you local farm boy/
2007 SRT-10 V10 6speed
2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 V10 5-speed
1994 Dodge 2500 2wd 318 5-speed
68 charger 340 4speed
68 barracuda s 340 4speed
1959 dodge d100
1934 dodge brothers pickup.
various other powerwagons from 40's to late 70s

That's a lot of Dodges/Plymouth. I still think the old Chargers from that era are one of the most attractive vehicles we can still find today.

Anyway, as a manual transmission fan, I can relate to your ire drawn from their phase out. Unfortunately, when Chrysler sees the Cummins has a 90-percent take-rate for the Heavy Duties, their lesser support of the Hemi is purely business. The 6.4-liter Hemi is supposedly coming in 2011, which could be paired with a 6-speed stick.  

59dodge 59dodge
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/11/09
10:10 AM

well i hope so i just found a leftover 08 model dodge base model with the hemi and G56 six speed. its the same truck i was looking at only blue so i bought it right away along with a new cummins truck big horn edition.  So at 21 years old im very lucky and hope dodge does start marketing the hemi with more options for transmissions. so i can keep buying dodges until the day i die. from past experience nobody cares much for the autos that chrylser puts out. my dads owned to diesel automatics and both have failed. his 03 and the 07 and took that 07 back to the dealership and they luckly exchanged it for the same truck with a manual. since
we buy alot of vehicles from them and always pay cash. We also ordered two new challengers and dad also is wanting a viper lol so just coming from some loyal fans. and they need to keep in mind a truck is still a truck doesnt need to look like a god.  

Trade In Value