Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Nissan dropping the Titan

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/18/08
04:58 PM

Icon Quote:

Chrysler will manufacture a full-size pickup for Nissan. Based on a Nissan unique design, this truck will be manufactured at Chrysler’s Saltillo (Mexico) Assembly Plant. In order to accommodate this product, Chrysler will shift volume from Mexico to its U.S.-based assembly plants that produce pickup trucks. Sales of the pickup in North America will start in 2011.

Source: http://www.truckblog.com/story-1803-nissan_drops_titan_joins_chrysler_in_partnership  

BigBear-#002 BigBear-#002
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 04/19/08
02:27 PM

I think Nissan is making a big mistake, now I'm a Dodge guy first, but the current Titan is a good truck and who is going to want to buy a Rebadged Dodge, they'll just buy a Dodge in the first place.  

cjs_motortrend cjs_motortrend
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 04/21/08
01:10 AM

Dodge is not behind in truck design. It is no surprise that Nissan entertained such a joint venture.

The bigger issue is that Chrysler is getting some small cars built by Nissan instead of Chery. With all the potential backlash or potential consumer boycotts against China regarding their Tibet incursions and contributions to genocide in Darfur, it was a good decision for Chrysler to not get too leveraged with a Chinese company for its domestic products. It should help Chrysler's stock.  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/21/08
02:45 PM

Chrysler Will Make Full Size Light Duty Truck for Nissan

So according to sources at Pickuptruck.com, Chrysler is going to make a new truck for nissian?.... umm ok.

Source: PickupTruck.com  

hotrodpt hotrodpt
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/06/08
03:44 PM

Chrysler made a huge error.  Not with making a deal with Nissan, but in designing a new truck.  A re-badged Titan would have given them a truck superior to the Ram and would have saved them the cost of desigining and tooling the 09 Ram.  As for Nissan, I expect the new truck to be as much Ram as the Mitsubishi is a warmed over Dakota.  

bigg_cash04 bigg_cash04
Posted: 05/06/08
05:47 PM

Im a big chevy fan but also a nissan fan. im not a dodge fan at all. Nissan is making a huge mistake here. They have come along way to give the Titan up to Chrysler. The only reason why we see more Chrysler vehicals, like DODGE on the road today is because they are cheaper. Nissan Titans are far more advanced than Chrysler. If they wanted to give the Titan to another company, Ford or GM would be best. Besides the fact...nissan in my view is doing fine and doesn't need any other company!  

Rafals Rafals
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 05/08/08
03:53 PM

Nice so Nissan will go from a DOHC high tech engine to a push-rod HEMI 1920s technology. Well at least the Mechanics will get alot more work with the MOPAR product. Confused  

kanger328 kanger328
Posted: 05/12/08
08:27 PM

This sucks...I just bought a 2008.5 Titan too.  It's AWESOME...cept for the mpg, but then again if I cared about mpg I wouldn't have gotten a truck.  I've driven both the Ram and Titan and the Dodge comes nowhere close to the refinement of the Titan.  I have trouble understanding why Nissan has such a hard time selling Titans.  Maybe not enough marketing?  I don't see too many Titan ads on TV or in magazines.  

mozeby mozeby
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/19/08
11:28 AM

Yeah I forgot Nissan's have great quality.  I just watched a guy at lunch today have to hit his Xterra's starter with a ball peen hammer so that it would turn over.

And pushrod's and OHC engines both date back a sh*tload of years. DOHC didn't come out 5 years ago.  

dclaypool dclaypool
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 06/13/08
09:16 PM

Well I guess I ve bought my frist and last Titan. If I wanted a dodge I would of bought one. I guess the last true import avialable is going to Toyota. It s to bad I like my nissan.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/27/08
01:00 PM

Interestingly, it seems Nissan is starting a new commercial division and will develop and sell its own 3/4-1 ton truck. So maybe the re-badged Ram will be half-ton only?  

Tuishimi Tuishimi
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 11/11/09
10:25 PM

I don't see how Chrysler is in any position to be doing stuff like this.  Does Fiat build a nice pickup truck?  :P

I had a 2005 Titan, then an F150 5.4 screw, but I am back to a Titan crew...  So maybe my 2010 Titan will become a collectors edition.  Smile  

Trade In Value