Ad Radar
Facebook Icon 17X17
Twitter Icon 17X17
Google Plus 16

2002 Ford F150 Old School looking truck.

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

2002 Ford F150 Old School looking truck.

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 04/25/07
01:41 PM

I love this old school look! I even had zebra in the interior of my VW at one point.. lol

T011

T009

T013

T024

T016

Icon Quote:

Travis Todd

September 27, 2005 - Baton Rouge, CA

Pinstriping is considered a mode of expression that has fused civilizations and conveyed independence and creativity throughout time. ShowTruckScene.com’s resident pinstriper, Travis Todd of Baton Rouge Louisiana, has been making quite a name for himself and his work at major shows throughout the South this season.

For Travis, it all began when he saw “Time Bomb” in an issue of Sport Truck. This feature truck stuck with him, and inspired him to research, learn, and ultimately become captivated with this art form. His father gave him his first brush and paints for a birthday gift, so Travis picked up the brush and started practicing relentlessly.

Travis’ specialty is doing all of his work freehand. He does not use grids or chalk to pre-draw his basic designs. Lately, he has been targeting the show truck scene, but plans to start doing more hot rods and customs this winter. Tattoo designs are another area of pinstriping he has in the works.

Striving to keep his work original and unique, Travis finds satisfaction when someone can see a piece he produced and know it is one of his creations without even seeing his name. He is definitely headed in the right direction, and has came a long way for someone relatively new to pinstriping. People are certainly noticing his hard work. For instance, an older gentleman approached Travis at a small, local hot rod show just to shake his hand, and express how proud he was that a young man such as Travis was keeping the art alive.

The unique style of Travis Todd is also reflected in his 2002 Ford F150. The truck used to be a convoy vehicle for Entergy Electric, but was given new life when purchased a little over a year ago from an electric company auction. The F150 has under gone quite a makeover thanks to its new owner and the help of his good friends.

Now a lot closer to the ground, the Ford’s suspension is comprised of Slam RE-6 on DJM lower control arms, SMC 1/2 valves, and two Viair 480Cs running two hundred and fifty psi through 1" hydraulic hopping hose in the front. The truck is static dropped 14" in the rear and no shocks in front or rear to make the truck really move! The frame has been notched for tie rods, driveshaft, and rear end.

Another distinctive feature to the F150 is the paint scheme: flat black painted hood, grille, and bumper, with red metal flake scallops down the sides pinstriped in silver. The owner designed pinstriping on the hood changes month to month. Full zebra fur interior completes the dash, roof, floor, doors. Travis also went with billet chopper mirrors on the truck.

Travis would like to extend a thank you to his wife for being understanding of his hobbies, and also for welding his drag blocks. Additional thanks and appreciation go out to Kustomz Ink Klothing and SDR Performance, as well as his friends who have assisted along the way.

Source:
http://www.showtruckscene.com/features/travis/travis.php  

cyther cyther
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/16/09
12:19 PM

Now a lot closer to the ground, the Ford’s suspension is comprised of Slam RE-6 on DJM lower control arms, SMC 1/2 valves, and two Viair 480Cs running two hundred and fifty psi through 1" hydraulic hopping hose in the front.  

910131325 910131325
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/20/09
05:30 AM

I was very upset when I learned that my beloved 7.3L Powerstroke would be replaced by a new 6.0 L Powerstroke that, according to claims, was lighter and more powerful than the  previous 7.3.  

TASMANIA TASMANIA
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/23/09
02:31 PM

my father has a F-150 which never lets me drive it for the world  

Trade In Value