Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

What Would You Change? 2009 Chevy Silverado

thesavagepony thesavagepony
User | Posts: 131 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 08/27/09
02:43 PM

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 29

The 2009 Chevy Silverado has always been a strong competitor to the Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram. The reviews of the truck have been great but there is always someone on the crowd that complains about something and criticizes it because of it. So today I ask you a simple question, what would you change in the Silverado to make it better? Why would you change that and what would be the outcome? Now this can be anything in the truck, whether it be engine, interior, exterior, etc.  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 08/28/09
01:13 PM

Love the front grill, but the wheel wells are to squared, No matter what size wheel and tire you put in there, the squared gap looks wrong. They dont need to be fully rounded, just to much square.  

Posted: 08/31/09
10:17 AM

Icon QuoteMelissa:
Love the front grill, but the wheel wells are to squared, No matter what size wheel and tire you put in there, the squared gap looks wrong. They dont need to be fully rounded, just to much square.

Huh....I never actually noticed that until u mentioned it. HAHA.  
Life.....It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep pushing forward, how much you can take and keep pushing forward! - Rocky Balboa

jrod09ram jrod09ram
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 09/01/09
09:41 AM

Upgraded engine options, make the 6.2L available on trims below LTZ. Upgrade the interior to match new offerings from Ford and Dodge. A 38K truck should have power seat for the driver, it shouldn't be necessary to upgrade to the LTZ for this simple feature.

I agree with the square wheel wells, they just look too big for the tires.

Other than that I think is a nice truck that just about anyone can be happy with.  

Onebulldogs Onebulldogs
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/04/09
07:24 AM

1.  I would make BIG disc brakes standard on LT models and above.
2.  Locking tailgates should be standard.  It has to be more expensive to spec and track two parts instead of one.  
3.  For 2010 - the fixed my other beef - the side curtain airbags should be standard.  

Onebulldogs Onebulldogs
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/04/09
07:24 AM

1.  I would make BIG disc brakes standard on LT models and above.
2.  Locking tailgates should be standard.  It has to be more expensive to spec and track two parts instead of one.  
3.  For 2010 - the fixed my other beef - the side curtain airbags should be standard.  

phantom74 phantom74
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/07/09
03:20 PM

Stuff the 4.5L diesel into a crewcab half ton.  Tune the suspension and drive train to beat the F-150 Raptor.  

Posted: 10/26/09
10:42 AM

Icon Quotephantom74:
Stuff the 4.5L diesel into a crewcab half ton.  Tune the suspension and drive train to beat the F-150 Raptor.

HAHAHA....well now we're talking aftermarket. Personally the Raptor, being that is a special edition, is amazing because of that fact. All the other F-Series don't really come close to the performance enhancement of the Raptor because they are completely stock. So in order for Chevy to compete, I think they need to create a special edition of the Silverado to justify the upgrades.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 10/26/09
05:39 PM

Based on the latest rumors I've heard, I'd say a Raptor-fighter is probably more likely than the 4500 Duramax at this point.  

Tuishimi Tuishimi
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 11/12/09
12:10 AM

The truck is huge.  I'd say find a way to trim off some length and width, but not lose interior and cargo space.  Up the standard wheel size and tweak suspension for clearance, an inch goes a long way.  

Trade In Value