Class Action Law Suit I Hope So on Land Rover Discovery 2003

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Class Action Law Suit I Hope So on Land Rover Discovery 2003

cindyslandro cindyslandro
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/18/09
09:20 PM

We purchased my wife's Land Rover Discovery 03 in September of 2007 from a dealer and ever since then we had many problems beginning with a christmas tree of lights always coming lit on the dash above the steering wheel.  We had that checked = faulty plug wires.  Got that replaced for $800.00.  Replaced a starter for about $400.00.  Was driving it 3 weeks ago and it died with absolutely no warning light at all.  Found out engine needs replaced due to no oil at all in it, for approximately $8,000.00 which includes a used engine and labor!!!! We still owe over $10,000 for it on loan from a bank!!  And of course our full coverage insurance will not cover this.  Currently its now a driveway lawn ornament I call the "dead white elephant statue". I don't know what I can do, we can't afford the repair and this is truly a lemon with only 66,000 miles on it.  I am hoping I can get in on a class action lawsuit for a faulty oil warning light among many other problems.  Any ideas or point me in the right direction.  Please Help!!! Frown  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 04/22/09
02:35 PM

Wow that is a lot of problems.

Check out this forum posting from Motor Trend on the same issue:

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6608488/pickups-suvs/2003-land-rover-discovery-ii-oil-pump-failure-engi/index.html  

Trade In Value