Item Posts    Sort Order

Obama Plugs His Ford Escape Hybrid

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 05/20/09
11:56 AM

Good catch at the end there, I guess...

Icon Quote:
President Barack Obama may be the only investor willing and able to keep General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC alive, but his biggest endorsement at today's announcement on fuel economy went to Ford Motor Company.

At the end of a Rose Garden ceremony unveiling new mileage standards, Obama stepped back from the podium, then threw in an impromptu plug for his hybrid Escape sport utility vehicle.

"By the way, I just want to mention, I think I still have my Ford parked in Chicago," Obama said. "It's a Ford hybrid, it runs great, you guys should take a look."

Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally, standing next to the president, pumped his fists in the air as the crowd laughed.

As he turned to leave again — perhaps realizing there were executives from nine other automakers standing behind him, including GM and Chrysler — Obama threw in one more aside.

"But there are also some outstanding hybrids and energy-independent cars represented up here, so I didn't want to just advertise for one," he said.

Chrysler Chief Executive Bob Nardelli and GM Chief Executive Fritz Henderson ducked out of the White House after the ceremony. Henderson headed back to the Treasury Department next door for meetings with Obama's auto industry task force, which will decide in the coming days whether to push GM into bankruptcy.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090519/BUSINESS01/90519059  

tasimuli tasimuli
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/24/09
06:08 PM

Outstanding, it took the President to endorse the Ford Products at last. I have been reading and observed over media and car and truck magazines and to me it is getting rediculous in regards to Ford Products. Remember, when Ford was in trouble - the media as well as these magazines were on Ford situation ans would not give the automaker a chance. Now, who is laughing - GM is on the brink of bankruptcy and still these magazines are on GM like is their best friend.

I applaud Ford for stepping up and fix its own problems without going to the Feds for money unlike GM.

Ford Rules!  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 05/27/09
09:55 AM

Ford is well-deserving of the modest success it is enjoying right now. I'm sure once the economy improves, as well as some of Ford's excellent European-engineered cars start coming over, its success will only improve.  

Trade In Value