Performance upgrades for 2008 Ford F-250 V10

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Performance upgrades for 2008 Ford F-250 V10

madsal99 madsal99
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/09
Posted: 03/14/09
12:47 PM

I have a 2008 Ford F-250 V10 super duty.  Gas milage is around 7-8 in city.  Would like to add an exhaust system, power controller, and cold air intake.  Any suggestions?  I've heard of people using the flowmaster force II, K & N cold air and edge juice module.  Any thoughts on those as well?  Thanks for any help you can offer.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 03/16/09
11:54 AM

Are you looking primarily to increase fuel economy or increase power? I know ideally, both, but depending on what you want to achieve, you might take a slightly different strategy. A lot of module/uploader companies have programs specifically for improving fuel economy. The Ford V-10 is a fairly common engine in the RV community, and they're very focused on improving fuel economy, they might be able to give you some good tips.

Even though it's not the cheapest, I know Banks Power has a Power Pack for the V-10 that includes header, intake, etc, and the company claims improved mileage and performance. The Stinger system is a little lower-cost.

Edge, Hypertech, Superchips all offer modules that can help increase performance.

It's really going to come down to your budget. A module alone will give you some improvement. A module with an intake and exhaust will give a little more, and a module with headers, intake and exhaust will probably give you the most improvement.  

Trade In Value