Item Posts    Sort Order

Dodge Durango Coming Back

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 01/26/09
05:51 PM

It was a pretty popular SUV.

Icon Quote:
The Dodge Durango officially ended production in December when Chrysler closed the doors of the SUV’s Newark, Delaware production facility, but the Durango nameplate isn’t riding off into the sunset just yet. According to Chrysler CEO Bob Nardelli, an all-new Dodge Durango is waiting in the wings.

In a letter sent out to Chrysler employees last week, Nardelli confirmed that a new Dodge Durango is in the works. This is the first time Chrysler has commented on the fate of the Durango since closing the Newark plant late last year.

The new Durango – which is set to hit the market next year – will be based on the same platform as the next-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee. As such, the Durango will be built alongside the Grand Cherokee at Chrysler’s Jefferson Avenue North plant just outside of Detroit, according to Automotive News.

Although the Durango is getting a new lease on life, Chrysler has no plans on reviving its closest sibling, the Chrysler Aspen.

Nardelli also confirmed new versions of the automaker’s popular Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger were on the way, but failed to give a launch date for the new vehicles. However, insiders say both vehicles are primed for a late 2010 reveal.

Source: Left Lane News  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 01/27/09
11:16 AM

I never liked that last generation. They where ugly IMO. I could spot them a mile away just like the Aztec.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/27/09
12:34 PM

Sounds like the Durango and the GC will probably be sharing a common chassis. Yeah, I agree the last generation Durango always kind of had weird proportions. Seems odd they're announcing a new one just as they killed off the hybrid. Who knows, maybe they're going to announce a hybrid in the new body style?  

Trade In Value