Mitsubishi fk 415 model

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Mitsubishi fk 415 model

Garry69 Garry69
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/23/09
02:32 AM

Hi there,firstly,this is my first post here,i have purchased a 1987 model fk 415 mitsubishi truck,and wanting to change the oil filter and oil......The oil filter is the canister type,and not the screw on type which im famillar with......Can someone explain how do i change the canister filter,better still,a link or pics on how to do this would be great......i take it i cant fill the filter with oil before replacing it,as i normally do with the screw on type filters.......
All help will be highly appreciated.....
Regards Garry.......  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
12:09 PM

OOO My MINI use the canister type oil filter as well. I have to use a really big socket, i thing its a 20 or 22, to undo the center nut. once u have that off, open it up, and pull the old filter out. Then insert the new one and close it up. It's a little messier than the normal filters used on most vehicles now a days. but its pretty easy to do still.  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
05:34 PM

If there are O-rings to be replaced, don't forget those too! I don't know for sure about your FUSO truck, but when I had to change these assembly type oil filters they had to be reassembled in a certain way (archaic yes), so I'd note the way the canister is oriented after taking it off.  

Trade In Value