Item Posts    Sort Order

Entrepreneur Buys First Hummer H3T Pickup

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 10/29/08
03:03 PM

From Pickuptrucks.com

Icon Quote:
GM may no longer be interested in its Hummer division but that doesn't mean buyers aren't enthusiastic about the brand's new 2009 H3T pickup. Entrepreneur Kevin Hern recently drove home with the first truck sold in the U.S., purchased from a Hummer dealer in Oklahoma.

Hern is the founder of Vype.com, a website and print magazine focused on high school sports. The H3T is the eighth Hummer he's purchased to promote the business and for personal offroad recreation.

"Hummer has a cool factor, especially with high school kids," Hern said. “We use the trucks to promote [Vype] at games."

Hern bought the uplevel Alpha version, which features a 300-horsepower, 320 pounds-feet of torque, 5.3-liter V-8. A 239 horsepower, 241 pounds-feet, 3.7-liter five-cylinder engine is standard in the H3T.

The H3T replaces another pickup Hern has been driving. So far, he likes it.

"I'm impressed with how smooth the truck rides, with its longer wheelbase, compared to the other H3s I own," Hern said. "And the fuel economy hasn't been that bad either. I’ve averaged over 17 miles per gallon on the highway, so far."

Hern isn't the only one excited about the new truck. His son gets his driver's license in a few years and he’s already asking his father for the keys to the H3T.

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 10/30/08
09:16 AM

i like the looks and interior of the Ht3, but after recently testing one... its a huge let down when off-roading. The h3t will most likely become the next urban mommy truck that will never see a dirt road in its life  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 10/31/08
04:08 PM

If Hummer even lasts that long. H3T kind of seems like the answer to a question nobody asked.  

LoudRam LoudRam
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 10/31/08
06:39 PM

Hern bought the uplevel Alpha version, which features a 300-horsepower, 320 pounds-feet of torque, 5.3-liter V-8.

That's it? Those numbers were good when my truck was new. In today's market if your not close to or over the 400 mark on HP & TQ you don't stand much of a chance in the full size market. (I'm assuming that's considered full size.) Even with my minor mods I have have better numbers than that.

And 17 MPG? The new Hemi is getting 20MPG with TONS more HP & TQ. I like Chevy's and GMC's but I agree with the rest of you, it's a dud.  
Todd-Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2001 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4 w/360 (not stock)
2002 Prowler Lynx 30' travel trailer

Trade In Value