New baby Jeep Compass tested

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 05/24/07
01:25 PM

20070524082528Compass Rt

Icon Quote:

New baby Jeep Compass tested

Jeep has always been the American icon without compromise. The brand was borne out of American military necessity and it is exactly this focus which has always endeared the brand to me.

Jeep does not build motorcycles, passenger cars or MPVs. It only builds off-road vehicles. Okay, perhaps Sport Utility Vehicles at a push, but none of this soft-roader, marketing-department conjured up rubbish. Or at least they did. Meet the Jeep family's newest member: the Compass.

Probably thanks to the runaway success - and not undeservedly so - of vehicles such as the Toyota Rav4, Honda CR-V and Hyundai Tucson, Jeep marketers saw there was a gap in the market for a soft Jeep. So the Daimler-Chrysler family tree gave them a Dodge Caliber platform to use, and they moulded a Jeep body on top of it.

Visually the Compass is not ungainly. With attractive five spoke mags, the aforementioned characteristic round headlights and a slotted, vertical grille treatment give a roguish appeal to it. Up close you realise just how low it is, especially when accessing the driver's door.

Hidden in the C-pillars are the rear doorhandles, which add to an attractive three-quarter profile for the Compass, but are some of the mechanically flimiest I have ever seen and their durability with regular use seems dubious.

Source: www.wheels24.co.za

Ok, i must be the only person in the world that thinks the compass is cute.  

thekoof thekoof
Enthusiast | Posts: 312 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/24/07
05:55 PM

I am pretty sure you are the only one.  

anniewat anniewat
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/17/08
04:44 AM

Icon Quotethekoof:
I am pretty sure you are the only one.

Why do you think like that? i too like compass.It's really good.My father also likes the same. We are fond of that.If some people don't like means that depends on their interest, but compass feature, look,etc everything was good.
============================================
Annie

SuperBabyGuide  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 10/08/08
04:13 PM

The Compass is the most retarded excuse for a Jeep I've ever seen. At least the Patriot looks more like a Jeep.  

Trade In Value