Chrysler vehicles that need to go

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Chrysler vehicles that need to go

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 06/03/08
08:16 AM

MotorTrend recently posted a blog about the vehicles that need to go at Chrysler. They need to do alot of house cleaning and focus on the vehicles that matter...

Icon Quote:

Pacifica -- following the Crossfire out the door (too bad, because the updated, 4.0-liter Pacifica was finally a well done piece, just as crossovers are hitting stride). PT Cruiser -- cool, but aged (worth replacing or not?). Sebring sedan -- DOA, except at rental lots. Aspen -- chrome-plated Dodge (although Ford and GM use the same strategy for creating the Navigator and Escalade). Sebring convertible -- okay, this one has a niche and a following. Ditto the Town & Country minivan.

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/27/08
01:06 PM

I think killing the Magnum was a bad idea. I loved that car. I know sales have dropped off, but now that SUV sales are in the toilet, I think sales could have picked back up for it. PT should have been replaced with a Caliber derivative. Honestly, I think the Pacifica is nicer than the Journey. Who knows what ChryCo has up its sleeve. Ever since it's gone private, it's been a lot more tight-lipped about its future plans.  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 06/27/08
01:21 PM

I really like the magnum too. It was in my top 3 then i was looking for a new car a couple of years ago. The fact that it suxed the most gas out of my top picks ultimately lead me to a different car.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 07/02/08
12:35 PM

Well, what sucks even more is that they offered a diesel version of the 300 Touring (essentially a Magnum) in Europe that got over 30 mpg. Oh well, I guess we'll never know. :-(  

Trade In Value