2008 Best in Class

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

2008 Best in Class

doubled96 doubled96
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/29/08
03:42 PM

Just an FYI to editors, I really enjoyed the 2008 best in Class segment.  Unfortunately, I was extremely dissappointed that there was no "work van or full size van" category.  You included mini-vans, but not full size work vans!?!?  Look on the road next time your out and about and see how many Econolines, Savanas, Expresses and Sprinters are out there. Plumbers, electricians, painters, carpet cleaners, "airport taxis", etc. These are vital vehicles to industry and the economy (more so than an SUV in some instances, and yes I own one of those too) and as someone who may need to replace his work van soon, I would have loved some expert insight. Unlike a pickup, if a person is shopping for a full size van, it is work related only as these are not vehicles for a friday night. Unless there is a specific reasoning behind it (somewhat low total sales numbers?), I think someone seriously dropped the ball here by not including this segment.  

doubled96 doubled96
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/29/08
03:52 PM

The Ford Econoline/Club Wagon accounts for a healthy percentage of Ford's total "truck" sales per info on your site.  In 2007, only the F-series out sold it and in 2008 only the F-series, Escape and Edge have outsold it. Once again, someone dropped the ball by not including this not-so-glamorous but vital category.  

Trade In Value