Hummer misunderstood?

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Hummer misunderstood?

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 02/21/08
04:09 PM

USAToday reports that Hummer wants to be known as "big old trucks built to do a job, instead of as gas-guzzling SUVs for the rich."

A survey by J.D. Power and Associates last year said SUV buyers avoid the Hummer brand more than any other, mostly because they believe the trucks are gas guzzlers.

I think Hummer will have a battle in changing that image. But With the most recent debut of the H3t and Hx might just boost their sales to the average person. The H3t and Hx are smaller and are promising better gas consumption compared to the H2 and H3 all ready out on the market.

Do you thing H3t and Hx will revive Hummers reputation?  

slow2run slow2run
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/22/08
12:38 PM

Yes and also hi price, give me a diesel  

bkong bkong
Administrator | Posts: 599 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/22/08
06:43 PM

"...Hummer wants to be known as 'big old trucks built to do a job, instead of as gas-guzzling SUVs for the rich.'"

THAT'S what they wanted to be known for? I think their interiors are a bit too nice to be known as work trucks.  

Edward A. Sanchez Edward A. Sanchez
Moderator | Posts: 577 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 01/28/09
03:31 PM

Not to mention the fact that besides the H3T, which has a marginally usable bed, none of their models are particularly practical. The bed on the H2 SUT is a joke, and the interior on the regular H2 has less space than a Tahoe. I really think Hummer is done for as a brand.  

Trade In Value