2008 F250/350 4X4 SUPERDUTY TRUCK

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

2008 F250/350 4X4 SUPERDUTY TRUCK

JCBMND JCBMND
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/08/07
04:16 PM

WARNING: Ford is trouble on this truck.First an axle, then injector, then total failure on the 350 hauling a trailer. Ford is buying it back after 5 complete failures. You Say 250..Radiator already Replaced, transmission shuttering, and now the FIRE RECALL OUT THE EXHAUST!!!!!!!! Mine has bellowed black smoke and called the dealer..no problem thats normal. The exhuast probable getting a fire!!!!!!!!!. Don't buy it this year.  Confused  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 10/09/07
07:49 AM

thats total crap... are they taking care of you now or are you still having to pay for repairs on your own?  

JCBMND JCBMND
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 12/05/07
10:16 AM

Its under warranty admitted. But what total crap is having to bring your Ford Truck in for Repairs all the time. By the Way total crap Ford Bought back the 2008 F350 and replaced it with another one. Buy a *** Truck and you never go back!  

firehousefeast firehousefeast
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/12/07
06:48 PM

please tell me about the fuel ,miles per gal. im only getting 10 per gal in my 08 super duty  

tiger71tiger tiger71tiger
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/12/07
09:47 PM

is that loaded or empty mpg ? i got an 06 2wd 350, i get 12-16 empty and 4-7 loaded. it seemed a little better before usld was the only choice at the pump. i believe power is a little down too  

Ugor Ugor
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/17/07
12:34 PM

There is alot that Ford is not telling you about these new diesel trucks. The new engines are designed to comply with the new federal diesel emission regulations. The way these engines work is extra fuel is used to super heat the combustion chambers and burns off the sooty particulates (or black smoke) that you see from the previous engine's exhaust. This is even more apparent when the engine is under heavy loads like towing. Unfortunately it severely effects the trucks mileage.  

cjs_motortrend cjs_motortrend
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/18/07
10:48 PM

I test drove Ford's SuperDuties and was impressed by the overall feel and look of the truck. It's a nice truck, but...
1. My last Ford stalled and stalled.
2. Dealers said they had never heard of such a thing.
3. Ford was involved in a class action suit for its vehicles stalling over a large number of years.

I might have overlooked this and still bought one, but ...
1. I don't need to haul as much heavy stuff right now.
2. I don't want to fear the cost of servicing 6 (or is it seven?) radiators.
3. I think that any vehicle over 30 grand ought to have at least 6 forward gears.

So I went with a Tundra. Even without the fully boxed frame I still have confidence its engine will start with the first turn and run until I get to where I'm going.  

Trade In Value