| Posts: 4666
| Joined: 02/07
Toyota RAV4 Wins Edmunds' Inside Line Compact Crossover Comparison Test
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Inside Line, Edmunds.com's high-speed online car magazine, today announced that the 2007 Toyota RAV4 won the latest comparison test of compact crossovers, which is described in full at 2007 – 2008 Compact Crossovers Comparison Test.(http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=122496 ).
The Inside Line editorial team recently compared four compact crossovers:
* 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi (MSRP $28,595 and Edmunds.com True Market Value® (TMV®) $28,157), equipped with a four-cylinder, 166-horsepower engine and five-speed automatic transmission;
* 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD (MSRP $30, 615 and TMV $29,313), equipped with a six-cylinder, 220-horsepower engine and six-speed automatic transmission;
* 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD (estimate $28,500; official pricing not yet announced), equipped with a four-cylinder, 170-horsepower engine and continuously variable transmission; and
* 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4X4 (MSRP $29,374 and TMV $27,233), equipped with a six-cylinder, 269-horsepower engine and five-speed automatic transmission.
"Each of these sub $30,000 crossovers is an outstanding do-it-all vehicle," reports Edmunds’ Inside Line Chief Road Test Editor Chris Walton. "But the 2007 Toyota RAV4 is the benchmark in this segment. It makes a statement with power, and backs up the message with fuel economy, utility and car-like comfort."
The 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD came in second place and was praised for doing what few all-new vehicles do well: offering an attractive, competitive package at a fair price. The 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi took third place and impressed editors with its build quality and smooth ride. The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD took fourth place; its looks and optional hard-drive music server earned high marks.
Vehicle Rankings from 2007 – 2008 Compact Crossovers Comparison Test
1. 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4X4
2. 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
3. 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
4. 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD