Compact Pickups are Not So Compact Anymore

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Compact Pickups are Not So Compact Anymore

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 08/31/07
09:49 AM

I've been saying this for years now... i miss the true compact trucks i grew up with.

Compact Pickups: Not So Compact Anymore

Icon Quote:
There are 11 compact and not-so-compact pickup truck nameplates in the U.S. for the 2007 model year, and all are featured on MSN Autos. Base manufacturer's suggested retail prices range from approximately $13,800 for an entry-level Chevrolet Colorado with regular cab and two-wheel drive to more than $29,200 for a Dodge Dakota Laramie Quad Cab with four-wheel drive.

Buyers of the "less-than-full-size" trucks get considerable payload and towing capacity—up to 1,750 and 7,150 pounds, respectively. But they generally pay lower prices than buyers of comparably equipped, large trucks.

Some benefits of these smaller trucks are the same as for larger trucks. Compact and midsize trucks ride higher off the pavement than do cars, so drivers and passengers tend to enjoy good views out their vehicles. Owners have easygoing cargo space in their pickup beds that they can spray down and clean with hoses. And these smaller trucks—smaller being a relative term here—can be more nimble and easier to park than their larger siblings.

Trade In Value