Are you loyal to your brand?

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Are you loyal to your brand?

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 06/19/07
11:21 AM

The big three are notorious for having loyal buyers for life. Out of all the vehicles owned by you or your family members, do you think you fit the bill of a loyal buyer? And do you think the big 3 manufactures will remain the big three 10-15 years from now?

Check out this blog found on  www.thetruthaboutcars.com

Icon Quote:

As recently as a decade ago, America's flatbed fraternity fell into three camps: "I'm a Chevy truck man" or "I'm a Ford truck man" or "I'm a Dodge guy." If I had a nickel for every rear window vinyl graphic I've seen of Calvin peeing on a rival brand's logo, I could play the Atlantic City slots for the rest of my life.  

When foreign trucks first hit our shores, truck guys dismissed them as "Tonka Toys." They were considered cute little rice burners for people who couldn't afford a "real truck." Just in case the base was tempted by the small is beautiful gestalt, Chevy and Ford fired back at their diminutive competition with the S-10 and Ranger, respectively. Initially, they weren't bad trucks t'all. Brand loyalty survived.

The Japanese automakers did what they do: adapt, survive, thrive. Each model year issued forth an evolution– and I don't mean the shape of the front grille. The Japanese rigorously applied the not-so-secret pickup truck formula: reliability, practicality, style. Engines got bigger. Payloads improved. Amenities became more amenable. In the process, they gradually removed most (if not all) of the reasons NOT to buy one of their pickups.

thekoof thekoof
Enthusiast | Posts: 312 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 06/19/07
06:03 PM

Well we went from a Dodge to a Nissan. My dad is thinking of getting another Nissan but I'm pushing for a Chevrolet, Silverado that is.  

.CJ .CJ
User | Posts: 204 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 06/27/07
01:40 PM

Awesome.  

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 06/27/07
02:05 PM

I wouldn't say I'm loyal to a brand, I'm more loyal to a genre. I'm very much a euro-owner. I like alot of others, but i keep buying euro  

angry cat angry cat
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 07/07
Posted: 07/25/07
09:09 AM

big 3 is going down  
i am one mean angry cat!

Trade In Value