Chrysler PT Cruiser gets dissed again

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 05/24/07
12:44 PM

the pt gets dissed again... but its a good write up.. lol

Pu Loser 1

The Ugliest Car In the World

Ever since childhood I've been passionate about cars and their design. I think it was a small-town precursor of my interest in architecture and visual arts, a bit of engineering and sculpture rolled into a practical everyday package.

My tastes usually tend to be a bit vintage, as seen in the 1984 BMW I own know as well as my first car, a '65 Ford Mustang. But I'm also a perfect target for the newer generation of retro-styled cars, such as the VW Beetle and Mini Cooper.

However, perhaps the most consistently popular retro-looking car is the one that I find unabashedly hideous: the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Or, as I call it, the "P-U Loser".

Pu_loser_1 Inspired by the modified surfing vans made in the 1960s as that sport hit its apex of popularity, the PT Cruiser is kind of like a mini-van disguised as something more bold. Unlike other popular retro cars, it has plenty of room for the whole family. As a result, its sales are still going strong seven years after it was introduced, while Beetles and Mini Coopers sell only a fraction of what their well-hyped introductions brought in.

Taste is a subjective thing, of course. Obviously there are millions of people who find the PT Cruiser delightfully styled. It's unique looking yet harkens back to a time of Baby-Boomer youth. That's their right.

But I've got to say that I find this the absolutely most wretched-looking excuse for an automobile ever thrust upon us by Detroit. It's got these riduculous wheel wells that flare out from the car's body, and the combination of grill and headlights is downright goulish to me. It looks like someone with thin, beady little eyes but a huge jaw and nose. This car could scare young children![/QUOTE]

Read more here: http://chatterbox.typepad.com/straight_dope/2007/05/the_ugliest_car.html  

thekoof thekoof
Enthusiast | Posts: 312 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/25/07
06:17 PM

Yes, it is quite hideous. The most ugly? That's the Pontiac Aztek.  

Trade In Value