who would you choose: 2007 BMW X3 and 2008 Land Rover LR2

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

who would you choose: 2007 BMW X3 and 2008 Land Rover LR2

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 05/09/07
04:39 PM

Edmunds just posted a Luxury SUV comparison between the 2007 BMW X3 and 2008 Land Rover LR2. Which one would you choose?

07 Comparison Lr2 Vs X3
2007 BMW X3 and 2008 Land Rover LR2

Icon Quote:
American Motors Corporation, the pride of Kenosha, Wisconsin, beat everyone to it in 1980.

Yes, the 2007 BMW X3 and 2008 Land Rover LR2 were anticipated decades ago by the deliciously unhip AMC Eagle, a four-wheel-drive station wagon with such ample ground clearance that it resembled an old man wearing trousers hiked up to his armpits. The Eagle unwittingly created a market segment that has since overrun the automotive landscape.

Today, everyone loves wagons. Yes, wagons. Too many of us are in denial about the truth that our SUV addiction is actually a craving for the virtues of the all-wheel-drive wagon. The litany of awkward vehicle classifications created for the SUV by vehicle manufacturers is simply an effort to make wagons more palatable for an unsuspecting audience.

They're taller now and have more off-road machismo, but now more than ever, today's luxury-compact SUVs come closest in spirit to the AMC Eagle.

.CJ .CJ
User | Posts: 204 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 05/09/07
05:25 PM

I think I'll take the BMW.  It's avaliable with a stick...and it's NOT a Land Rover.  

thekoof thekoof
Enthusiast | Posts: 312 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/10/07
08:49 AM

The AMC Eagle is alive and strong. I'd love to pick one up, fix it up and get it in top shape again then take it rallying. Smile State pride.

As much as I like Land Rover and their off road prowess, I am still skeptical on buying one because of their known history of problems. Am not a fan of the BMW X3 (too cute-ute and I-bought-it-for-the-badge-like) but I know it would be reliable. Because of the reliability of the BMW, thats where I'll put my money.  

Balboa455 Balboa455
User | Posts: 90 | Joined: 05/07
Posted: 05/30/07
08:04 AM

Has anyone actually driven an X3 much less at in one? The interior quality is atrocious, it has a weak four wheel drive system and costs as much as the vastly superior X5 when decently equipped. Plus it looks like a shopping cart. The Freelander is not much better so for all intents and purposes I would probably extend my budget a little to an LR3 or X5 for the money. Or just get a 4Runner.  

Trade In Value