Facebook Icon 17X17
Twitter Icon 17X17

Who really has the longest lasting truck?

Truck Trend
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Who really has the longest lasting truck?

bschaffels bschaffels
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/07/06
06:48 AM

Mustangfan2003 asked:
"ok chevy has comercials that say they have the longest lasting trucks, ford says they are built ford tough, i saw a tundra comercial a while back talking about how long their trucks last, and today i saw a dodge comercial talking about how they have the longest lasting trucks. so titan when does your long lasting comercial air? lol. anyways everyone likes to make claims but the truth is it is hard to tell how long a truck will last. some are built better then others as we all know. also a lot of it depends what the truck will be used for. some trucks are used to work and others are driven around like a car. so who will have the longest lasting truck? well i say it can be any truck that sits in your driveway as long as you service it when it needs to and take care of it. i mean chevytrucks92's silverado looks much newer then it really is to me. "

let's revisit this here...  

CMan CMan
User | Posts: 61 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 06/12/06
11:35 PM

Well, in my opinion, Ford and Chevy both have equally long lasting trucks. Dodge, not so much. Too much transmission troubles for my taste. The Titan hasn't really been proved yet; and the new Tundra hasn't either.  

RFIbanez-#002 RFIbanez-#002
User | Posts: 65 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/13/06
04:31 AM

I have relatives who own both Ford and Chevy trucks, they both were fairly reliable. As long as you take care of them they should last quite a long time.  

GSUGrad GSUGrad
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/19/06
09:59 AM

I honestly think they are all about the same, its just how well you take care of them and how you use them that will tell how long they will last.  

duramaxman duramaxman
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/08/06
12:45 PM

Simple really. Chevy has the longest lasting trucks period. Chevy owners take better care of their vehicles also.As deisel engines get more popular and start lasting longer people will start keeping them longer. Fords powerstroke and Dodge's Cummins are both older products and therfore had a lot more testing and improvement, but chevy's duramax is fast becoming king of the hill. Chevy wins hands down. All hail to the KING.  

mauiwowee mauiwowee
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 07/08/06
04:21 PM

bump  

Product Manager Product Manager
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 07/13/06
02:41 PM

I know it's not a truck, per se, but I'm loving my Land Cruiser!  

Frontier2k6 Frontier2k6
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 07/28/06
12:42 AM

That's as controversial as to who makes the best oil for vehicle.
When all is said and done regular OLF change using any oil will suffice the average Joe and Jane auto owner.  
I like manual transmissions better than automatics because I like to drive rather than be driven.

Got2bSly Got2bSly
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/09/06
05:02 PM

One thing you guys forgot to mention is every time you read a review on a used truck from "the big 3" under the recall section it always reads "too many to list". What's up with that. You can't argue the fact that american trucks spend more time in the service department of your local dealership than the imports. Sad but true. It's in black and white. That's one reason why they depreciate in value so fast that you never break even on your auto loan until it's almost paid off. I've been around 9 Toyota trucks from 1991 to 1999 and none of them have less than 350,000 miles. Every day they are overloaded with floor cleaning equipment and driven by people who don't own them. None have ever seen a repair shop, just routine maintenance. This is the greatest country in the world but our car companies want us to spend money on parts and a new vehicle every so often. They have to pay their country club dues. Did you know that a new commercial bus comes with a million mile warranty. The technology is there but then we wouldn't give them money for repairs and "extended warranties". Why can Korea give us a 100,000 mile warranty on their cars and we only get 36,000 miles? So we can give them money for an extended warranty. Thats good business right????? Can you say "FAT POCKETS". Their products are doing great in the rest of the world but not here. Why? Maybe more people are seeing the scam.  

valve job valve job
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/20/06
02:35 AM

when will dodge put the 6.1 liter in the ram? anyone? even Dr. Z couldn't answer me  

CshermanGo CshermanGo
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/12/06
02:43 AM

6 Letters 1 word begins with a T ... you guessed it TOYOTA is the longest lasting anything. Ford, chevy, dodge are jokes to society.  

XM DUDE XM DUDE
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/14/06
09:15 AM

I think with the new GMT-900 platform, GM quality will be a tough act to follow. I love my 07 Tahoe as you would think you're in a Lexus, but the Bowie reminds you that it's a Chevy.  

silverado_06 silverado_06
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/01/06
05:25 PM

From what I have read and experienced myself, I would have to say that Chevy really does have the longest lasting trucks on the road.  Chevy even has a website for chevy truck owners to share their stories about their trucks with over 200,000 miles.  There is one truck on there with over 2,000,000 miles on it with the original engine and transmission!  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Trade In Value