Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab

Truck Trend
Item Posts    Sort Order

Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab

Truck Trend Truck Trend
Administrator | Posts: 4666 | Joined: 02/07
Posted: 09/25/06
02:21 AM

After reading lots of posts, with lots of back and forth on the everything from a Honda Ridgeline, to a Explorer Sport Trac I had to post this.

These Tacomas are built "Solid" the 24 Valve 4 litre V-6 is an awesome little engine, the 0-60 times as printed in the major Mag's is 7.5 secs. The MPG stats are 16/21. My TRD Sport model has the towing pkg and is rated at 6500Lbs max trailer weight.

This TRD pkg had 17" alloy wheels a limited slip rear end, roto-button 4wd, steering wheel radio controls, all the power amenities and drives like a Camry with a lift kit and an attitude.

MSRP on my well equipped 2006 Tacoma was $30,300 That included the JBL system, the Trailer tow Pkg,of course the standard composit bed with rail system, and the comfy sport seats with lumbar.

I paid 28K for the truck and after driving the competition(Honda Ridgeline,frontier,ranger,Dakota)
And looking at some NADA values on all the above after three years of ownership....Cannot for the life of me see how the others are even considered "In The Game". With the exception of the Frontier none of the above where prepared to match the performance,economy,styling or resale of the Tacoma. And as far as quality build is concerned...C'mon Toyota 4x4 Truck=legendary!

This truck is an absolute "All-Star" Best looking hands down, best performing by all test's...and if there are any Ridgeline owners whom would attempt to follow me and my truck in an Off-Road situation....Get Real.

If you havent looked at the new Tacomas and you are in the market....TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Click on pic for a better view.

Pic00362ra6

I also tow a Cargo trailer 12,000 miles per year thru Colorado,Utah,Nevada,Oregon. This truck is an absolute little beast on the highway!  

Click here to read the full thread on MotorTrend.com  

Trade In Value